Wednesday, March 25, 2015


I have been let down and disappointed by the lack of availability of tickets for this show and all the shows associated with the Grateful Dead and the ending of their touring together.Anyone who is a fan of the Dead would love to be in Chicago for the final concert.But tickets went fast I dont think anyone I have talked to in my extensive Deadhead Family were able to get tickets or even able to get on to the site to purchase the morning of the sale.Three days worth of tickets gone in less than 30 minutes.
But there are plenty of tickets available on these secondary site like Stub Hub. Before the sale was even over there were tickets on stub hub.How is that? I always thought it was illegal to scalp a concert ticket. Scalping being- buying a ticket to any event and selling it at a higher price for profit.
Am I crazy or is this what Stub Hub does???
Before the actual sale of the Dear Jerry Ticket Sales there were tickets available on stub hub,world now,ticketsnow.com,vivid seats just to name a few where you can get all the tickets you want from $139-$10,000-yes thats ten thousand dollars- I had to do a double take too.
BEFORE THEY ACTUALLY WENT ON SALE!
The only way I can figure that this happened is if these companies were the ones who shut down the two different presales in less than 15 minutes.The ticket limit was 8 so that would explain how they went so fast.
I really dont understand how the average concert goer can compete with these internet companies out there jumping ahead getting the popular shows tickets and turning around and selling them at a ridiculous profit.
Guess I saw my last real dead show when Jerry was Living.I can remember standing in line overnight to get tickets back in the day,but you always got your tickets.It required some dedication and perseverence but you got them.
I have not had this happen to me before-I have always been able to get concert tickets when I wanted them.I suppose that is why I am having such a hard time dealing with this event and how ticket sales were handled.
Maybe I need to go wonder around outside the show and hold my finger up and hope for that "miracle ticket"

No comments:

Post a Comment